Table Question

If they are not hard drill and tap the pins with a 1/4 / 20 and either useaslide hammer to pull the pins or use a tube like a socket that fits over the pin and use a hex bolt and washer screwed into the pin and screw it down and that will jack out the pin. Also many time you can loosen the cap screws and use a brass shaft and tap off the plate. Once it opens a little slide in a flat screw driver pry bar and push it off. Not to complicated. Then align as I described before and drill the pin hole or re ream the bracket and use bigger pins or spring pins.

ChazzC,
I can ask for new pieces but I have doubt they will ship me a table - the brackets probably. Of course, I could be wrong on the table but if correct, I still have a 50/50 chance of the problem being the brackets. But that is a good question to dig into them as to what is exactly off and I will certainly push for table, brackets and pins.

Richard King 2,
Your solution is sound and implies the pins are not for assembly but to keep the brackets fixed as a dowel would (another question to ask, I guess). If I am forced to go that route, seems I would have to drill x2 the current pin diameter of the table so the drill does not walk once it reaches the table (and the edge of its existing hole). At x2 diameter, it will still leave a portion of the old hole. Also, I will have to use straight pins rather than tapered. I don't think either issue should cause a problem, but what do I know?

Back