Successfully welded cast iron

I’m finishing up scraping a 15x18” surface plate to scrape every part flat, it’s gonna look and work a lot better soon.
wanna practice on mine. I had to take my generator out for use and the surface plate 18x18 was on it. I hadn't used it in 2 or 3 years. Looks good.
but can use a beautiful scraping.
PXL_20240115_185322231.jpg

I don't understand? You are using pineapples instead of ink for your surface plate measurement? And why does a surface plate have a handle at one end?;)

Last edited:
wanna practice on mine. I had to take my generator out for use and the surface plate 18x18 was on it. I hadn't used it in 2 or 3 years. Looks good.
but can use a beautiful scraping.
View attachment 474575
I’ve spent 9 hours on mine and probably only half way done. It will take time but my scraping looks way better than when I started scraping it.

I’ve spent 9 hours on mine and probably only half way done. It will take time but my scraping looks way better than when I started scraping it.
That's great. Progressing skills is what you are looking for. If you said it didn't look better , I'd be worried. Are you hand scrapping , or power scrapping?

That's great. Progressing skills is what you are looking for. If you said it didn't look better , I'd be worried. Are you hand scrapping , or power scrapping?
Hand scraping, I can’t justify the cost of a power scraper when I have a lot of time, I might try to make one though.

@Braeden P I just want to make an comment. Since you started so early in life doing what all of our members love doing,I think, and I am not taking anything away from your skills now,you are going to be a great machinist one-day. Hats off to you young man.

:clapping:

@Braeden P I just want to make an comment. Since you started so early in life doing what all of our members love doing,I think, and I am not taking anything away from your skills now,you are going to be a great machinist one-day. Hats off to you young man.

:clapping:
Every once in a while I find something I made a couple years ago and now I can remake it five times better. Mostly because of all of the people on this site and their knowledge.

Back