Steam Engine + Steam Hammer + Toy Caps = FUN

We had a thing called a Wasp gun, a plastic pistol that used these bucket-shaped caps- same composition I think but louder shots than the roll caps

Yep- they still sell them down under?
I believe the early ones you could only do one shot at a time- they came in strips or something- it was a long time ago
Yes looking closer I can see yours also does the strip caps so my memory isn't too terrible LOL
I remember the hot setup was to drill out the plastic plug in the barrel so flames would come out when you shot it- cool
you felt like one of the Untouchables in 5th grade

Last edited:
Remember as a kid during Thanksgiving smacking a whole box of rolls with a sledge hammer down in the walkout basement. Made quite the bang. The adults thought the furnace had blown up. My cousins, and I didn't stick around for the ensuing investigation. Mike

Remember as a kid during Thanksgiving smacking a whole box of rolls with a sledge hammer down in the walkout basement. Made quite the bang. The adults thought the furnace had blown up. My cousins, and I didn't stick around for the ensuing investigation. Mike

We wonder where our tinnitus comes from now as were older :)

I must have pounded a million caps into the sidewalk out front of my house with a hammer when I was a kid. The most I ever smashed was a full roll, and it caught fire! Most exciting thing to happen during summer vacation that year. We were easily entertained, apparently. These days, everybody has to go to extremes, like needing to keep a midget in a cage in the corner of the bedroom to watch and whimper while they do it, just to get excited enough to bother. Complicated, see? Life was simpler then.

I must have pounded a million caps into the sidewalk out front of my house with a hammer when I was a kid. The most I ever smashed was a full roll, and it caught fire! Most exciting thing to happen during summer vacation that year. We were easily entertained, apparently. These days, everybody has to go to extremes, like needing to keep a midget in a cage in the corner of the bedroom to watch and whimper while they do it, just to get excited enough to bother. Complicated, see? Life was simpler then.

Liked that!

Do those midgets cost a lot to feed? Mike

Back