STACKED---well almost

Smallfly, that's gonna be a beauty! Nice work so far. You're gonna be a proud Papa. :drink:

Smallfly, that's gonna be a beauty! Nice work so far. You're gonna be a proud Papa. :drink:
i posted these pics yesterday but can't find them here --sooo here goes again. gotta start stacken pieces today--now that paint has completely dried. thanks for watchin. re steve in mt.

DSCN1334.JPG DSCN1341.JPG DSCN1335.JPG

Well it's about time ! I'm worried that he'll forget where he put all the pieces when he finally starts (stacking) reassembling. Then it's gonna be so pretty he won't wanna cut metal. I'll keep pestering him so he doesn't get ahead of the correct sequence. Don't know if he put pictures of his rebuilt Leblond 19" ? But it would make your mouth water. That's enough of that I don't want him to get a swelled head--- yet.
P S You can't drill your collet attachment holes until you get your mill together !!!
dickr

Well it's about time ! I'm worried that he'll forget where he put all the pieces when he finally starts (stacking) reassembling. Then it's gonna be so pretty he won't wanna cut metal. I'll keep pestering him so he doesn't get ahead of the correct sequence. Don't know if he put pictures of his rebuilt Leblond 19" ? But it would make your mouth water. That's enough of that I don't want him to get a swelled head--- yet.
P S You can't drill your collet attachment holes until you get your mill together !!!
dickr
puttin the mill together is one thing but before i drill the holes in the collet adapter i gotta '''wrap my head around''trig. this is sumpin this old dog never learned in school. lotta head scratchin goin on between coats of paint.:thinking::thinking: re steve in mt.

puttin the mill together is one thing but before i drill the holes in the collet adapter i gotta '''wrap my head around''trig. this is sumpin this old dog never learned in school. lotta head scratchin goin on between coats of paint.:thinking::thinking: re steve in mt.
ok here are some more pics---finally got some parts stacked . re steve in mt.

Copy of DSCN1355.JPG DSCN1358.JPG DSCN1357.JPG

Your Bridgeport is looking soooooooooooo nice :drool: , I inspired to repaint mine this summer. I just dont know how the wifey will handle the smell of bondo, and paint smells :thinking:. Looking at your pics , you have a lot of room in your shop, must be nice.

Great Job

Your Bridgeport is looking soooooooooooo nice :drool: , I inspired to repaint mine this summer. I just dont know how the wifey will handle the smell of bondo, and paint smells :thinking:. Looking at your pics , you have a lot of room in your shop, must be nice.

Great Job
ok--i will be honest here---i been lookin at that mill for 9--yrs so far. --it appeared as though someone tied a rope to it and drug it down a mt. gravel road for 2-miles . to say it was ''rough'' would be quite an understatement. it's taken me a long time to get to it. since the shop is separate from the house and winters are cold here in mt. and i wanted to paint in the winter we built a spray booth into the shop area---the spray booth fan will exchange the air in the shop very quickly---i really don't wanna smell the fumes either. thanks for watchin. re steve in mt.

Looks like the view out the window is almost as nice as the view inside the window:drool:

I'm watching this thread even closer now as I have 2 Bridgeports to do

Great job:worship:

I like the bottle of cutting oil
attachment.php

Looks like the view out the window is almost as nice as the view inside the window:drool:

I'm watching this thread even closer now as I have 2 Bridgeports to do

Great job:worship:
--charley----''2--brideports to recon''--i sure hope you gotta a lot of energy. we did not take any short-cuts here and iam really tired. today we gotta paint underside of table and also the top side of the ''yoke'' before new oil lines are reinserted in yoke . the top side of the yoke is cross drilled to direct way oil to underside of table sliding sufaces and the dovetail ways of the yoke . sometimes the yoke is referred to as the ''saddle''---anyway i found the cross drilled oil supply holes to be ''plugged up with some really hard debris--could be the bijur lube system was not ever exercised---that's probably why the ways and underside of table were soooo worn out. note--once you set the table upon the saddle there is no way to either ''wittness'' or even lube the top of the saddle . it's covered up and the bijur system is the only way u gonna get it lubed. now i know there are bridgeports that have ''grease fittings '' to add lube to the ways--but i have no fittings here.this machine is 43 years old and i wish it could talk. thanks for watchin.:) re steve in mt.

Back