STACKED---well almost

smallfly

Active User
Registered
guys--here are a few pics of my bridgeport mill as the parts are finally getting ready to be'' restacked''. the x-y-and z axis have each been scraped and refitted and new gibs for each axis have been replaced and refitted--soooo hopefully we should be back to as or better than new condition. then all i gotta do is learn how to use this 2200 lbs. of cast iron. i removed almost all, 98 pecent, of the paint and it takes a long time to get everything smooth again. see prior post- ''titled bridgeport recon. from the inside out''--for more pics. thanks for watchin. re steve in mt.:)DSCN1300.JPGDSCN1302.JPGDSCN1303.JPGDSCN1305.JPGDSCN1306.JPGDSCN1307.JPGDSCN1309.JPGDSCN1326.JPG

DSCN1300.JPG DSCN1302.JPG DSCN1303.JPG DSCN1305.JPG DSCN1306.JPG DSCN1307.JPG DSCN1309.JPG DSCN1326.JPG

well--here are a few more pics----these were posted previously---but this ties it all together--besides i know you like pictures. re steve in mt.bp3.JPGbp2.JPGbp1.JPGbp#10.JPGbp#11.JPGDSCN1184.JPG

bp3.JPG bp2.JPG bp1.JPG bp#10.JPG bp#11.JPG DSCN1184.JPG

I must say, that looks like a outstanding job you have done on the Bridgeport.
Ive allways wanted to do the strip and paint like you have done, but just dont have room for that kind of tear down. Looking sweet !

Nice job on the filling and painting. It looks pretty shiny, did you use a basecoat/clearcoat paint?

Tom

Nice job on the filling and painting. It looks pretty shiny, did you use a basecoat/clearcoat paint?

Tom
no clearcoat--i used a 2-part automotive paint from ppg. it's called ''omni'' they have many choices of paint--i would say this is ''middle of the road'' if you elect it can be ovecoated with clearcoat- thought i did not do this here. re steve in mt.

looking good...

did you scrape it yourself?
brucer--i did not do any scraping -i left that to the ''experts''---the only thing i have learned to scrape is ''paint''. that along with disassem .and painting and reassem. has given me more to do than i ever would have imagined --before this project began.. re steve in mt.

I use the Alk-200 with the same results as the Omni only $30.00 cheaper per gallon. It was formulated for dumpsters & machinery.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it off my hands:banghead:

no clearcoat--i used a 2-part automotive paint from ppg. it's called ''omni'' they have many choices of paint--i would say this is ''middle of the road'' if you elect it can be ovecoated with clearcoat- thought i did not do this here. re steve in mt.

The pigment in 2K paints tends to settle bringing the clear to the top. Not quite as glossy as clearcoat, but close. Nice job on the prep as well. It's amazing how much filling it takes to make a casting look good.

Tom

Back