Some pictures of the PM 835

Vertical put the motor weight to the rear to help with balance front to rear

JD and Bill,
I'm not following you--rotate the head 180 degrees about which axis?
Evan

Sorry about that. I was suggesting that you rotate the ram 180 degrees, so that the head is on the opposite side of the base from the table/knee. But then I just did a close-up look at the pics above and the ram won't swivel on the base like it does on the larger mill! I apologize for attempting to give bad information. :oops:

Sorry about that. I was suggesting that you rotate the ram 180 degrees, so that the head is on the opposite side of the base from the table/knee. But then I just did a close-up look at the pics above and the ram won't swivel on the base like it does on the larger mill! I apologize for attempting to give bad information. :oops:
Looked at the 935 manual and now I understand what you were suggesting. That doesn't look like it would work for the 835, as you note the head and swivel are the same as the bigger machine, but the column attachment is different.

It seems like it wouldn't be too tough to attach the engine hoist to the head and remove it from the base at the head swivel (looks like 4 bolts need to be removed). I'm guessing the head and swivel are probably 200 lbs, which would greatly improve handling of the base and table assembly. I'd want to confirm that it's ok with Matt before trying it, though.

Of course if you can get 'er done without disassembly that would be easiest and fastest.

Just to agree with wrmiller on the fact that the ram will not rotate 180 deg it would have been nice but still very nice machine
my y axis is a little tighter than i like, x and z are very smooth i am playing with y to make sure it didn't get stuff under the table

1517242387996823460668.jpg

My y axis is just fine the locking lever is different than the x and z so i still had drag on it when i thought it was released

Here's the pic

Attachments

• 20180129_184553_001_001_001_002.mp4
    35.6 MB · Views: 198
A thing of beauty is a joy forever. Thanks for the video, can not wait to get mine now

Back