So I bought the entire shop .

how about cratex abrasives. I like them for that. Or even 800 and above wet dry paper with oil or wd40.

But the cratex is really good for rust removal and low material removal.

I'm not looking to remove any material Jeff , just get it looking a little better . The way is solid as a rock and I can't feel or see any wear anywhere . Being it's not a feeding or threading lathe , nothing really moves along the bed . I'm trying to make it as a show queen for the daughter . :)

So , I got the pump out today in all the excitement . Heavy dark sulfur oil from 40 years ? ago . The table on the Chevalier mill is done also . I coated both the lathe and the mill with STP oil treatment which I have a boatload of . I spent half the day driving , really nuts . Nobody talks face to face in these days . :dunno:

30 ton hydraulic press
Di-acro 24" shear on base
Precision Brand 18"x 24" Surface plate with stand

I did bring the stainless 3T arbor press base home also just in case . .

No lathes , mill or the horizontal saw was not moved today . I had to get an electrician to unwire them all . They were all hard wired . He threw in the breaker boxes and wire for me . There was also no-one there to drive the forklift . I have my license thru the company but I can't do a darn thing because I'm out on medical .
Just catching up. I have the same Diacro 24" shear with back gage. I don't have the hold-down clamp though, which really helps on longer pieces. I can cut .062" 2024T aluminum and cut an 8x11" sheet of paper clean.

Getting there . :)

Attachments

• IMG_9393.JPG
    IMG_9393.JPG
    409.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9394.JPG
    IMG_9394.JPG
    438.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9395.JPG
    IMG_9395.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9396.JPG
    IMG_9396.JPG
    364.3 KB · Views: 23
Boy that is neat. Yet i am over hear just thinking how i would do a spray mist on my grinder and/or mill.

I have a spray mist somewhere lying around , but I wouldn't ever consider putting it on a SG . You need flood if doing any serious grinding .

I have a spray mist somewhere lying around , but I wouldn't ever consider putting it on a SG . You need flood if doing any serious grinding .
yes, but spray will work, and it works better than dry. flood is the way to go. I tried flood but my home made pan and drain made a mess of everything. I need to redo it in copper, or brass.

Back