So I bought the entire shop .

The driveway , Wobbly will attest what we moved .

Attachments

• IMG_9380.JPG
    IMG_9380.JPG
    397.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9381.JPG
    IMG_9381.JPG
    537.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9382.JPG
    IMG_9382.JPG
    380.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9383.JPG
    IMG_9383.JPG
    582.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9384.JPG
    IMG_9384.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 32
It was great meeting you! Great job on moving all the stuff into the garage. There was a lot of things to move. Your Kubota has done a lot of work lately. Is the big lathe under a roof now?

I'm sure mmcmdl could be the "World Master of Janga" The amount of tools he was juggling when Jeff and I arrived to pickup the Wilton band-saw, in-out-down the street-across the way was staggering...Was great finally meeting him and his son. Very nice to have young backs around. Dave and I walked toward the main door talking and whoosh the Wilton with two strong young men was loaded up ! Nice !
Don't know if it shows in any of the photos but the exercise machine he mentions was dead center in the garage kinda visible when I was there Saturday afternoon. To say the trailer with large lathe and everything else is now under cover and the exercise machine is ready is to go is just "WOW"
Since Dave had so many members this week in and out somebody offered up Dave's as an East coast members meet !
I'd plus one that !
Had a good time, If it happens everybody needs to bring cash and a truck "Dave needs room to work with his tools not just move them around so he can walk !" :chunky:
Jim

Last edited:
Amazing! Good to see new new stuff under cover! (Especially the Hardinge ) I can say thats a huge difference from my visit!
Excellent work!

Yep , so stage 2 is completed . What a day yesterday . Everything is in the garage other than the large lathe . :encourage: Stage 3 .........................8000 lb all terrain forklift . Take all machines down to the other basement other than 1 mill and the large lathe . They'll remain in the garage until they are sold . The jig plate is ready to mount on the large 3' x 8' table . I'm mounting all the small stuff on this table which has wheels . MOF , all tables will have wheels to roll things around as needed . 80/20 was somewhat " hit " yesterday by Wobbly , THANKS from my son ! . Fireworks were everywhere last night which drove the dogs nuts .

Todays plan is ( if I can get help ) , pull the large exercise thing out and put it on the back porch . The Kubota is ready and the bike is strapped already . After that , the Republic lathe can be moved into the garage . :encourage: Thanks to all that visited my disaster area ! :grin:

Took an hour and cleaned up the Hardinge a bit . Cleaned up nice . I have a spot on the very end of the way that was rusted just from sitting so long . I took it off with Kroil and a razor but still have the stains looks . What's the best way to try to clean this area up ? It is not pitted .

Took an hour and cleaned up the Hardinge a bit . Cleaned up nice . I have a spot on the very end of the way that was rusted just from sitting so long . I took it off with Kroil and a razor but still have the stains looks . What's the best way to try to clean this area up ? It is not pitted .
Just cover it over with chips....

Kersosene and atf. W/a brass bristle brush. Honestly idk if it works but Don over at dee dee seems to think it does.

It didn't turn out too bad but I will try the above . This was with a little scotchbrite disk , still have the stain shown in the pic 3 , but overall it cleaned up nice . The cut off slide removed as well as the turret . The Gusher pump will come out tomorrow and all oil will be pumped out . I think its been in there since the 80s when I brought it into the company ! :grin:

Attachments

• IMG_9391.JPG
    IMG_9391.JPG
    396.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9390.JPG
    IMG_9390.JPG
    310.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9389.JPG
    IMG_9389.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9388.JPG
    IMG_9388.JPG
    285.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9392.JPG
    IMG_9392.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 19
If it’s a dark blackish stain it might be permanent. Grab some vinegar saturate a napkin and let it sit on the area for about a hour. Sometimes a 0000 steelwool will help with stubborn ones.

Back