so I bought a mill

toag

Active User
Registered
The good-I bought a cinncinati toolmaster 1-d
The bad- the quill wont move... so its a rebuild.
The ugly- the paint looks nasty.
The 1-d is the exact mill ive wanted .sine I got into this. if Jesus was a machinist, he'd be running a 1-d, thats how nice they are. this one has been sitting for a long while, but everytbhing is still pretty smooth.
heres the funny part, the mill has a shaper attachment AND I got a pratt and Whitney model c 12x30 (an awesome lathe, just... wow), a brown and sharp #2 grinder, 14" nikkon optical comparator, and a monarch 10ee in with the mill, for $1500. the pw is the only thing that doesnt need work... but its a little bit of a tool gloat.
I'll post picks when I figure out how to on the smart phone

Figure out your cell phone quick, because none of us believe you. We need pictures....damn it. :LOL:

very good purchase!!!!!-will be looking for pictures of all--Dave

I don't think I like you! :rofl: In all seriousness, that's a great snag. Congrats!:thumbsup:
BTW, did you get the handle for the QCTP?

The good-I bought a cinncinati toolmaster 1-d
... the mill has a shaper attachment AND I got a pratt and Whitney model c 12x30 (an awesome lathe, just... wow), a brown and sharp #2 grinder, 14" nikkon optical comparator, and a monarch 10ee in with the mill, for $1500. the pw is the only thing that doesnt need work... but its a little bit of a tool gloat.
I'll post picks when I figure out how to on the smart phone
Niiiiice Scoooooooore!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

WOW...............................................Just WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanna sell either lathe?

I love driving to Ohio. Used to go to Mid-Ohio often.

Oh, and I have it on good authority that the Son runs a Gorton mill!!

Major covet from Dayton MN.
Nice score on the Cincy!
And of course the other items.

Advise should you run out of room.
I'll step up and haul some of your excess away.

Daryl
MN

Thanks all. pics tomorrow, I just got into the driveway
I ndid get the handle toolman thanks again It'll work greaT on the pratt

Great, another Cincy added too the list. Thinking out loud again about the quill. I think thats an inherant nature. If the quill is unlocked,
the quill feed in neutral clutch disengaged, sometimes you got to give it a good bump. Say I run mine all day on a Friday, Monday the
quill wont move- good bump with my palm and its fine all day. And mine lives in clean heated shop conditions. So I live with it. And then
sometimes its does this and sometimes it doesnt. And my quill lock is oiled and free and so is my spindle?????

Morning gk!
once I get Iikt in place and powered i'll be leaning on you guys for alot of help

Back