Small Sanford surface grinder

Cr2348455

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone,
I saw this in ebay for $2500.
I love the size of this baby.
Is this a good price, everything seems overpriced these days !
Thanks

You know what "they" say; no picture, it didn't happen; seriously, 'tho, that is a lot of money for a small (probably) a manual machine, B&S Micromasters can be had for that kind of money.

That isn't a horrible price, so long as it is in decent condition - and you actually use it. Price really comes down to what it is worth to you. Compare it to a brand new one, with similar tooling etc. Around here, a fully manual 618, with basic tooling will run $14K-$15K CAD (KBC has it listed in their Jan/Mar flyer right now). Obviously if the are listing them, then they sell them from time to time.

One poor picture, looks like nothing for tooling and they tell you nothing about it. The Sanford is pretty small - the floor space for a 618 is pretty well the same. My projects are all pretty small, and a few times it would have been nice to have had a little bigger machine (of course that is an endless rabbit hole). I guess your needs will dictate, if that is just the ticket for what you are intending to do - go for it.

Seems high to me. A Boyar Schultz 6x12 is just a bit bigger and they sell for way less.

Wow. I paid $150 for my Sanford MG-618 about 5 years ago. Guy delivered it for another $50. Either $2500 price is outrageous or I hit the jackpot.

I'm not that lucky.

Best Regards,
Bob

Back