Small rotary table large project, help.

Lol! I really ought to cover that up for forum pics, hadn't I :face slap:

I need to get a few pac.........................no , I need to buy them out ! :big grin:

Apologies for the thread derail!
Nah, fun stuff! And yeah the sticker would be something I'd have. Thanks for being up front about using the center hole. Ill need to make a plate larger than my job it seems and figure a way to hold it while milling a 7" circle and the odd shape for brake parts.

I had the same issue in the past. I bolted an old, 4-lug disc brake rotor onto my rotary table which expanded the usable area enough to get the job done.

I had the same issue in the past. I bolted an old, 4-lug disc brake rotor onto my rotary table which expanded the usable area enough to get the job done.
That's so funny. I was in my shop thinking the same thing. I have a few rotors off my wife's car and wondered if there was a way I could use them.

Love it! Another way is to mount a large 4 jaw on the RT. This afternoons project... A piece of steam loco suspension that needs the top renewing:

IMG_20210430_160122.jpgIMG_20210430_155216.jpg

I'll be making the replacement plate up on the RT too, it's horrid doing plates on the lathe and my lathe isn't big enough anyway!

@Lo-Fi , that looks like a double riser block job for sure. My little Bridgeport wouldn't have a chance!

Back