Sieg SC3 7x16 Mini Lathe Question...

Here , looking at $2000 in parts from the dealer. A used seat with this climate crap….they wont warranty or even confirm the climate system works lol
IMG_4533.jpeg

Here , looking at $2000 in parts from the dealer. A used seat with this climate crap….they wont warranty or even confirm the climate system works lolView attachment 488419
I entirely sympathize with your revulsion of the cost of repairs for this. Seems ludicrous.

On the other hand, I rarely use my heated seat. I never grew up with them, so having a cool behind for a few minutes is what we all endured. But my wife thinks a heated seat is essential now. Guess it's what we get used to. That being said, there's no way I'd put in that much repair money into an older car. That's just me, though, there's things I end up doing, because my wife wants it, not because I do. Part of the give and take of married life.

More or less rebuild kits for anything 20+ years old. Mostly Chinese junk. Have throttle plate bushings needing replacement , hard to find also.

Depends on the carb type and where you get the parts from. Skinners Union carbs are relatively easy to get quality parts for.

Seeing the thread is about the Sieg SC3 I thought that I could try and steer it back on track.
Anyways seeing that I'm using a ER40 collet chuck I would investigate a change of spindle to a 100mm one to go with my new bearings. Nothing doing in the UK and came across this one from the little machine shop.
Hope it's the right one as I've not stripped my machine down yet.
Here's hoping that this eliminates my annoying vibration. I'll let you know how I get on.

Attachments

• PXL_20240501_174555449.jpg
    PXL_20240501_174555449.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 5
Seeing the thread is about the Sieg SC3 I thought that I could try and steer it back on track.
Anyways seeing that I'm using a ER40 collet chuck I would investigate a change of spindle to a 100mm one to go with my new bearings. Nothing doing in the UK and came across this one from the little machine shop.
Here's hoping that this eliminates my annoying vibration. I'll let you know how I get on.

Definitely interested in this update/upgrade. So, SO done with the 3" spindle flange!

That said, I did have an idea on getting a 4" flange on the original spindle via a bit of machining....

That's for the models without the hi/lo 'backgear', the models with brushless motors that use the belt to directly drive the spindle, rather than the belt going to a lay shaft.

You can tell because you can see the longer keyway to hold the toothed pulley for direct drive from the motor and no keyway in the middle of the shaft for hi/low gears inside the headstock (which aren't there on the model that the spindle you've ordered is for).

If you've got a model without the hi/low gears then you're good to go. If not, you might want to see if you can cancel the order before it ships. ;)

Back