Show Off You Ars

The NFA items properly registered. One of them twice, at the same time! If a fellow can run a lathe, there no reason not to send in some Form1s. With current inflation, it's less than a night in a mediocre hotel.

If a fellow can run a lathe, there no reason not to send in some Form1s. With current inflation, it's less than a night in a mediocre hotel.

Agreed! I've never run a factory suppressor. My 300 BKO sounds like a 22 LR even with supers. Really takes the edge off and makes subs really fun! $200 very well spent.

Can you educate me about 300 BKO and noise levels? I am not following.

Can you educate me about 300 BKO and noise levels? I am not following.

If the bullet moves slower than the speed of sound, it doesn't produce a supersonic crack as it displaces air, and is a good bit quieter. Also, subsonic ammunition burns less powder, produces lower pressures and has less unburned powder burning in the air after exiting the muzzle.

300 blackout is a great cartridge for launching heavy, 230ish grain bullets at subsonic speeds, while still producing enough internal barrel pressure to cycle the bolt in a semiauto.

In subsonic, It also happens to be cheap to feed with bullets cast from old wheel weights and cheap, plentiful .223 brass. If, you reload, that is. Check out some YouTube videos on converting .223 brass to 300 blackout. I did a about 5000 pieces parting them in my lathe.

It has the benefit of also being able to shoot 120ish grain supersonic ammo, out of the same gun with power levels not too far below the old 7.62x39

Last edited:
Reactions: rwm
I did not realize it was subsonic. That makes sense.

Sooo... Overnight, at least in the state of Washington, our 80% receivers have become verboten. We've got until June to dismantle and destroy the now legally-defined "untraceable" firearms. I hit up Aero Precision for serialized lowers to replace my lawflully constructed yet illegal to possess millwork. I also picked up a fun "US Gov't Property M16A4" receiver from PSA. Of course, there is still an "assault weapons ban" aka "AR ban" coming though the state house. Might not make it this year, but they'll try again next year... and the next... BTW, the 10-rnd mag ban went through, too. And the AR-pistol ban went through. Go Washington. Ugh.

This is me whining about laws pertaining to my machine work. There is no political discussion in this post, just he facts that bans went through and it will impact my shooting (10-rds in PCC? No way!) in competitive, organized events. Please don't moderate what isn't against the rules... Unless you're in Washington, right?

Sooo... Overnight, at least in the state of Washington, our 80% receivers have become verboten. We've got until June to dismantle and destroy the now legally-defined "untraceable" firearms. I hit up Aero Precision for serialized lowers to replace my lawflully constructed yet illegal to possess millwork. I also picked up a fun "US Gov't Property M16A4" receiver from PSA. Of course, there is still an "assault weapons ban" aka "AR ban" coming though the state house. Might not make it this year, but they'll try again next year... and the next... BTW, the 10-rnd mag ban went through, too. And the AR-pistol ban went through. Go Washington. Ugh.

This is me whining about laws pertaining to my machine work. There is no political discussion in this post, just he facts that bans went through and it will impact my shooting (10-rds in PCC? No way!) in competitive, organized events. Please don't moderate what isn't against the rules... Unless you're in Washington, right?

I knew it passed the state Senate, but I checked a few minutes ago and it seems to still have a ways to go in the house. Or, am I missing something? They pass a different bill?

Still a bummer that we even have to worry about this crap. I only have a couple years left living here though. I can't get out soon enough.

Back