Should I Keep 2 Bench Grinders?

housedad

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I suddenly find myself with a brand new Jet 8" JBG-8a bench grinder still in the box and a used in great condition 8" Baldor 812RE.
I had ordered the Jet from Amazon, but found the Baldor on Craigslist while the jet was in transit. (the Baldor was a bargain at only $50) I can send the Jet back to amazon for a refund if I have no good use for it.
I wonder if I should just send the Jet back or keep it and the Baldor. I've never had more than one grinder and that was 6".

What uses could I put 2 of them toward? I've been putting together my garage over the last year and have a Bridgport mill, a 12 x 36 lathe, full welding setup, (tig, mig, stick, oxy).

I've got one, wish I had one that was really for tool sharpening.

You keep one set up with a coarse wheel and a wire wheel and leave it up front in the shop for friend's and neighbors use. The good one you keep back by the lathe for your use only.
That way you don't have to yell at any body for sharping their lawn mower blade on your carbide sharping wheel.
****Just Saying********G*********

I've got 8 or 10 of em. They follow me home. 3 at work, 4 in my shop in the basement, 1 in the garage, 1 in the shed. Each location has a wheel and a wire brush. The extras have special wheels for particular needs. I don't think you can have to many of them.

Stevet

Back