Shop season ending

Is Pennsylvania doing any remote learning? Or are you all at school five days a week right now?
i go 4 days a week. most go 2 and the rest are remote. we have Wednesdays as catch up day for remote and i get to stay home. it is nice to have a little break every now and then. and now i have a break after lunch and one from 1:45 to 2:15. i like it better than elementary.

In Texas the best shop time IS the winter. It takes very little to heat up a building. Harder to keep one cool in the summer.

I have a heat pump and keep the shop between 60-80 year round and it adds about $20-30 a month in electric cost.

In Texas the best shop time IS the winter. It takes very little to heat up a building. Harder to keep one cool in the summer.
keeping a shop cold is hard. i don"t know if i will get an air conditioner or not. i might just get one of those wall mount ones.

Peyton, "the shop we plan on making will be a 24x36 "
That's the size I wanted to build here in town. It is the max allowed BUT They don't allow insulation??? How stupid, well they are politicians and Beaur-craps! They've been doing follow up inspections to make sure people don't insulate later. Winters are too chilly here to do W/O insulation. My hobby area is currently in the corner of one of my rental buildings, but it is a long drive.

Peyton, "the shop we plan on making will be a 24x36 "
That's the size I wanted to build here in town. It is the max allowed BUT They don't allow insulation??? How stupid, well they are politicians and Beaur-craps! They've been doing follow up inspections to make sure people don't insulate later. Winters are too chilly here to do W/O insulation. My hobby area is currently in the corner of one of my rental buildings, but it is a long drive.
i don"t understand that.maybe at that size they think it is a warehouse?

i cant make a rocket stove. i don"t have the space yet as my brother and dad are restoring a 1971 land cruiser and i cant buy a 55 gallon drum because i"m 12 and don"t have a job. i spent it all on tool chests and tools. soon i will be getting a hardnige dv59 from my neighbors friend who is a master machinist. then i could make some money
Well, that warms my heart! Good on you young man, I'm thinking you are going to figure it out.

Well, that warms my heart! Good on you young man, I'm thinking you are going to figure it out.
my neighbor has been a machinist his whole life. when he started a old bird gave him a b and s micrometer a couple calipers a drill bit gauge a height gauge and some other stuff. the micrometer was from 1902 and is in great shape.this year he gave it to me and my brother and he taught me how to read a micrometer and verneir calipers. he is downsizing and bringing some of his machines in his garage and teaching me how to use a mill and lathe.

my neighbor has been a machinist his whole life. when he started a old bird gave him a b and s micrometer a couple calipers a drill bit gauge a height gauge and some other stuff. the micrometer was from 1902 and is in great shape.this year he gave it to me and my brother and he taught me how to read a micrometer and verneir calipers. he is downsizing and bringing some of his machines in his garage and teaching me how to use a mill and lathe.
It is so awesome that you have not only the opportunity but the passion to take advantage of such a wonderful thing. Soak in every minute.

It's really gratifying to see a young person that isn't hung up on their cell phone, and looking at the manual arts. Oh yeah, I have coal fired floor heat, it generally runs from October till May.

Back