Shop season ending

Peyton Price 17

Registered
Registered
as for me the shop season is coming to an end. in a 4 foot strip in a 2 car garage with no insulation. i have to use some frog lights to keep warm. even with carharts it gets to cold in about and hour. my hands get cold and have to warm them up with the frog lights every 5 minutes. how do you keep warm?

Before I built my insulated and heated shop - I occupied a corner of the basement.

Before I built my insulated and heated shop - I occupied a corner of the basement.
my basement is bigger than the shop will be. it is a hang out area with a bar and some old arcade games. the shop we plan on making will be a 24x36 shop and a little loft with a tv. it will be heated and will have plenty of dehumidifiers.

getting cold outside and dark in the evenings so it IS shop season. Mini-split is one of the most important tools in the shop. Year around comfort and humidity control. :)

getting cold outside and dark in the evenings so it IS shop season. Mini-split is one of the most important tools in the shop. Year around comfort and humidity control. :)
yesterday was in the 50ties so i rebuilt my potatoe cannon. we launched some flour and everything that fit in a 2 inch barrel until we ran out of hair spray.

it is getting warmer here in pa. 3 years ago we had a 70 degree christmas.
I remember that day up here in Vermont. Entire Northeast Christmas was in shorts, windows open and outside in the street throwing the football with the kids and neighbors.

The winter I left the UK it dropped to -25C where we lived.
I never ever want to experience that again and where I am now it will never happen.

getting cold outside and dark in the evenings so it IS shop season

ditto - no more outdoors work or evenings on the deck. Time to make chips until the metal becomes too cold to handle, or ice makes the walk to treacherous (usually Feb).

Back