shop made tools

Don't know if this will be of interest, but I cobbled this together from the iron pile, but it comes in handy.....2x48

I LIKE it and it looks like it doesn't take up much room either. Nice job!

Been thinking of making one of these for quite a while. Still on my to do list but I have bookmarked this for future reference. Thanks for posting

1st, lemmie say how impressed I am, [ and I'm hard to impress ] with your workmanship.
2nd, Randy is correct, if ya can't live with it, cut a new V and flip it around.
But the way I would have done it is forget the hinge, and simply bolt both sides.
In those rare occasions, simply lift it off.
Nice job...

BEAUTIFUL JOB, It looks like it came out of SB parts dept.
If you have any plans as how u accomplished this I'd love to know

Regards...........Raz

Hello, this is my first post and really like some of the work and idea's of others and ive borrowed many of them :) I needed a steady for my 10L, so I cobbled this together...
Exquisite work, Pdog. Us SDAK's are a breed, huh?

BEAUTIFUL JOB, It looks like it came out of SB parts dept.
If you have any plans as how u accomplished this I'd love to know

Regards...........Raz
I drew up the plans and had a friend with cnc plasma cutter cut out two sets in .625 steel, then welded together. Ther fingers are styled after the monarch steady...Thanks for looking and the compliment....

1st, lemmie say how impressed I am, [ and I'm hard to impress ] with your workmanship.
2nd, Randy is correct, if ya can't live with it, cut a new V and flip it around.
But the way I would have done it is forget the hinge, and simply bolt both sides.
In those rare occasions, simply lift it off.
Nice job...
Yep I could have done it that way...But I like a challenge :)

pdog
your Steady rest and Follow rest look amazing. I also need these 2 attachments for my SB heavy 10. You mention welding together 2 pieces of 5/8 plate. Did you leave it at that 1 1/4" thickness or did you finish it down thinner. I will certainly be looking at your work when I make my own.

Pdog, what size belt does that grinder use? that looks like a nice compact unit with a small footprint. Very nice looking for a scrap box build.:encourage:

Back