Shop lights

My workshop is in my unfinished basement. I painted the ceiling (joists and subfloor) white with ceiling paint. That helped a lot.

I have replaced all my old T12 magnetic balast fixtures with modern T8 electronic fixtures. The new fixtures start more reliably and produce more light.

I have regular fixtures in my basement shop and found that Home Depot sells 150 and 300 watt eq "curly" florescents. Made a world of difference.
Dave

I am using Lowes Model #: WS432 fixtures in my shop. They are 4 ft 4 bulb T8's. My garage ceiling is really high (12 ft) so I had to put a bunch of them in. I use two stalls of a four stall garage as my shop. I have nine of these guys in the ceiling of my shop stall, one in the other set of stalls, and four in another shop area over my work brench. I bought a contractors pack of daylight bulbs from Home Depot to populate the lights. Overall, I am happy with them. The only downside is they take a few minutes to warm up in cold weather.
-Joe

I have a single car garage for my shop (think 5 pounds of stuff in a 3 pound garage) with five 4 foot 4 tube T-12 fluorescent lights. I decided to try the T8 conversion with the 6500K tubes on the light over my work bench. What a difference! Yeah, about $20.00 per light to convert but the amount of illumination is worth it. White light at that!

Back