Sheldon No. 0 Horizontal Mill Followed Me Home!

There are still colleges that have these machines in storage? I’m sure it has not been used in 30 years or more. If I had come across it, it probably would have followed me honestly too. I guess a small horizontal mill or planer would be one the other basic manual machines I haven’t collected yet myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a great find and score.

I would like to have a horizontal milling machine... I had the hots for one of those small Atlas MFC units. But they have gotten stupid expensive. A want, not a need... so I stopped looking.
Barker PM’s and AM’s are another good one.

There are still colleges that have these machines in storage? I’m sure it has not been used in 30 years or more. If I had come across it, it probably would have followed me honestly too. I guess a small horizontal mill or planer would be one the other basic manual machines I haven’t collected yet myself.
I guess so! I believe it hasn't been used in decades as well. The grease in the drive system was so dried up it was like caulk! Luckily that was an easy fix. They had a storage area for older machines and that's where this was. They actually had a South Bend 10K in the same area, that was in pieces. It appeared to be an active (no dust) overhaul project, but I noted it was made in Korea, so likely 1980s. It seemed that pretty much everything manual, and even some older CNC stuff was being sold. There was a class going on during the preview and it was all CNC robot/laser/plasma type stuff.

Back