Sheldon No. 0 Horizontal Mill Followed Me Home!

G-ManBart

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The local college had an auction to sell most of their manual machinery and had this Sheldon included. I was able to make the preview day and saw how nice this machine is, so I couldn't help but bid on it. The table doesn't have a mark anywhere, the ways have all the original flaking and about the only cleanup needed is some dried cutting oil...that's it. I got it home and spent half an hour hitting all the lubrication points, turning things, then lubing a little more, then put power to it...spins up nice and smooth. The table feed works perfectly as well. The tachometer isn't working properly because the rubber band/belt is so old it's dry and doesn't grab the pulley...the needled on the tach does move, but stops around 500rpm even as the machine turns faster. A little more cleaning, a new belt for the tach and a 4-5" vise for the table and it should be up and running. I've already got a K&T horizontal, but this thing is just cute!

IMG_5589.JPGIMG_5590.JPGIMG_5591.JPGIMG_5592.JPGIMG_5593.JPG
View attachment IMG_5594.MOV

19E77A18-ED66-41F2-AF41-D2235D6C8217.jpeg

Nice score!! Do we need to get the other sign out as well??? Do we? Do we?

That was a great find and score.

I would like to have a horizontal milling machine... I had the hots for one of those small Atlas MFC units. But they have gotten stupid expensive. A want, not a need... so I stopped looking.

Back