SHELDON EXL-56B - Repair / restore or part out?

Paul, I watch for lathes, mills, ect. in my area all the time anyway. I'll keep you in mind if I run across any 10" sheldon parts. I would imagine you have already checked with the guys on the yahoo sheldon user group. If you haven't, it's a good place to start. You have accessories with your lathe that others dream of finding. Do you know the history of the machine? Good Luck

Chuck

Another thought. You might try here: http://www.lostcreekmachine.com/
They sometimes part out machines that are beyond repair. Never heard anything bad about them.

Anybody heard from him lately? I'm curious if this is a 11 inch swing model?

I'm like gi_984; has anybody heard from Paul O? I just joined the site and have a Sheldon that is almost identical to his and I am interested in picking up the accessories he has if he has not moved forward with the re-build on his lathe.

Looks like he is still visting us.

Last Activity: 01-07-14 06:31 PM

Maybe PM him to get his attention.

Actually I did PM him and we talked briefly. He said he is going to keep it and finish repairing.

Hi my name tony. I see you have a 70 tooth face gear for sale.I own a ul-56-b sheldon.Do you still have it.If so.What is your price for it.I am restoring my first lathe.I think this part will fit?
thanks
tony

Can anyone identify the first picture of the Trucut ? Is it a spindle bore spider ?

If you are parting this out I would like the Apron, Cross Slide. Compound slide and Taper Attachment.

"Billy G"

Back