Shelby GT 500

lordbeezer

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Can’t find a post about a Shelby 500 sitting in yard covered in bushes. Finally found the magazine I saw the article in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 60
Nice planter ! I have a Blazer and a Suburban that I use at home . ( along with a few others ) :grin:

I saw the post on here few months ago. Can’t find now. Knew I had a mustang magazine with same car featured. Good article about car. Was a 67 converted to 68 by ford dealer so customers could see in person and order.

I’ve seen several articles saying they found the original mustang. Maybe this one is it. Saw the movie at the razorback drive in in Little Rock. Everyone left when over driving like crazy people. Me included.

When the movie was released in Salem, Oregon some teenagers had the same response. After watching the movie, a Mustang was chasing a Charger full of boys. It was all good fun until the Charger lost control and hit the end of a guardrail, which went up over the hood, through the windshield and exited through the back window. In doing so, it whipped around in the passenger compartment, killing all inside. Most by decapitation.

This accident resulted in a State mandate that all guardrails be changed to bring the ends down to ground level.

Did you see the article about the Steve McQueen Mustang (not a Shelby) from the Bullitt movie that turned up in a shed in Nashville?
I saw Bullet when it came out with my friend.
That was a very graphic movie for its time.
The shotgun scene and the assassin at the hospital with the ice pick. Pure evil man.
I was about 11 years old.
I’m surprised they ket us in without parents.
Great chase scene. Jumping the streets in San Francisco would instantly waste those cars.imho

Back