Seeking a Logan 9" tailstock

I would be willing to take a tailstock from a 1400 or 400 lathe if not too expensive and then I'll only need the base plate since that's the difference between the 9B and the 400, 1400 tailstocks.

Hope this isn't blasphemy, but other places to ask are the groups.io site & Facebook group moderated by Scott. I've seen a fair number of parts sold when someone has a need. There is a second Logan group, I don't believe Scott has anything to do with it: The "other" Logan Lathe group

I suggest you also not be shy about asking if anyone close to your area would be willing to mill or use a shaper to make the bottom plate. A block of cast from McMaster-Carr isn't completely outrageous.

Ron

Last edited:
I've attached a 3D model, hope you can open it; I saved it in multiple formats.

1700070717945.png

1700070757233.png

If you don't have software to open it, hopefully someone can open it for you because I don't have time to make dimensional drawings from it right now.

I did not bother including all the cast features that aren't necessary to replicate as I expect this would be milled from a solid block anyway, but this is how the casting looks if you're curious.

20231115_113805.jpg

20231115_113810.jpg

NOTE dimensions may not be gnatsass perfect per original spec because this is 50+ y/o used part I'm measuring and I did note some inconsistencies like one end of it being 5 thou thicker between machined surfaces on one end (only on one side) but I chose the most reasonable measurements I obtained and made the model accordingly. If you send the model off to a CNC shop and have it made, your tailstock base won't be caddywompus like mine but there is chance you might need to shim it to get on center.

Attachments

• Logan 9in Tailstock Base v2.zip
    312.4 KB · Views: 3
I've acquired a top half but still in need of the base plate, casting number LB-191.

Also, I do have a bottom plate casting LB-77. If anyone needs one contact me. Thank You

Found a tailstock with different base plate an LB-77. looking for the thickness of an LB-191 base plate. Could anyone give me an accurate measurement of the LB-191 base plate thickness. Thanks for the help.

Back