Seeking a Logan 9" tailstock

kEB

Registered
Registered
Seeking a Logan 9" tailstock. Needs to fit a Logan 9B lathe (not the same as 400 or 1400 lathe). Casting numbers are LB-76 for the top and LB-191 for the bottom.

I'm looking for a complete tailstock.
I assumed that was the case but unfortunately didn't find one. I have a Logan 9" tailstock but not looking to part with it as it's a part of my Logan 9" lathe, which I use regularly. I assume most would be in the same boat.

If you can only buy half of one, the half in the ebay listing is the better half to have. The bottom half would be easier to make. If you end up going that direction I would be willing to provide dimensions for the lower half.

I assumed that was the case but unfortunately didn't find one. I have a Logan 9" tailstock but not looking to part with it as it's a part of my Logan 9" lathe, which I use regularly. I assume most would be in the same boat.

If you can only buy half of one, the half in the ebay listing is the better half to have. The bottom half would be easier to make. If you end up going that direction I would be willing to provide dimensions for the lower half.

This x2. $65 is a small price to pay for insurance against not finding one. The rest is a big project no doubt, but if you have access to a mill at least feasible.

Strantor, thanks for the offer. The problem is that I don't have access to a mill. I would appreciate the dimensions of the bottom plate in that I might get lucky and find someone with a mill willing to make it. Thank You

Have you called Scott Logan to see if he has them for sale?

LOGAN ACTUATOR CO.
550 Chippewa Rd
Harvard IL 60033
USA
Tel (815) 943-9500

Strantor, thanks for the offer. The problem is that I don't have access to a mill. I would appreciate the dimensions of the bottom plate in that I might get lucky and find someone with a mill willing to make it. Thank You
Sure thing. I will grab those dimensions next time I'm in the shop. If you don't hear from me in the next 3 days or so it means I forgot (and I won't be offended by a reminder).

I've inquired at Logan Lathes, Ebay and most other obvious avenues. No luck except parts and not all parts necessary for a complete tailstock.

I've inquired at Logan Lathes, Ebay and most other obvious avenues. No luck except parts and not all parts necessary for a complete tailstock.
Okay. Reason I mentioned calling him is that not everything is listed on his website. But if you call, he might have it (new or used).

Back