See ya Dad

that's very sad, especially the Alzheimers part. I don't think you ever get over losing a parent, you just come to terms with it. I really miss my mum (she died suddenly last year) and I'm sure I always will.

My condolences on your loss. No one is truly ready. Dad is 90 and we fully expect a call at any time. We talk a few times a week, although the conversations are mostly one sided, as his memory and concentration are shot.

We all know time marches on and we should make the best of it. Enjoy the moments and grab what one can. Photo is from Aug this year when we drove the old car to see him. It 85 to his 90. He was stoked for a few days after this!
Pierre
1FE390EC-A1A9-42CB-9325-23CF418C5695.jpeg

Sorry for your loss. Being pragmatic, no one gets out alive. Simple fact of living is all life eventually comes to an end. We lost my dad 2 1/2 years ago about 5 years after he'd suffered a stroke. "Too soon" or "Too long?", probably "too long" in my dad's case as my mom literally wiped his butt for him the last 5 1/2 years of his life. Not the way he wanted to live. He was never in pain which was a blessing. We all still miss him and talk quite often about the good times before his stroke. He had a dry sense of humor that we all miss. I visited my parents back in the day and they mentioned a hunting buddy was getting a knee replacement. Me being me replied, "Left knee, right knee or weenie?" It took my dad about 5 seconds to catch the joke. A couple of months later we were sitting in a deer blind and he started talking (which was a struggle as he would maybe speak 10 words a day) about the knee replacement. "What type of cast do you think they give you for a weenie replacement?" "Probably a huge cast dad. . ." "Do you think Kathy (buddy's wife) got tired of driving him around so he could show it off!" GREAT memories of my dad!

Try to take comfort in the fact that he's in a better place. You still have many fond memories of being with him, think of them often.

Bruce

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. Glad you have such great memories to reflect on. My dad has taught me so much I know it will be hard when that day comes.

Back