Scroll bender switch problem in need of a solution ??

What language is that ?? Is it like pie are round and corn bread are square ?:)):thinking::LOL:

Really say what

I wish I could say this is the first time that someone has said that!

PLC stands for programmable logic controller. They are very popular for industrial control applications, and are now becoming affordable enough for hobbyist use. They basically use relay logic, like we are using here for your project, but instead of having to wire everything specifically, you could just plug them all into the PLC and write a bit of ladder logic (code) to make the motor stop just right.

This becomes more efficient as projects become larger and larger, the last project that I worked on was 110+ servo controlled high speed axes, all controlled by PLC's.

-Cody

does this thing need to start and stop at any particular position.

do you have a picture of the bent part?

does this thing need to start and stop at any particular position.

do you have a picture of the bent part?

WOW! The man with the sprocket has the best/simplest/cheapest idea. Sprocket turning with teeth going by an inductive sensor being counted by a plug in counter. Counter trips at entered preset from pushbutton/thumb wheel on the front of the counter. Accuracy is only limited by the tooth spacing on the sprocket. I had thought of the PLC angle but thought it over-kill for this simple a project. I think even the so called smart relays they have out now have a couple timers and counters built into them.

Whether the sprocket is direct drive or turned via chain or belt, 1 to 1, or at a ratio it can be pretty accurate. Heck if you used a 4 to 1 ratio you could divide the tooth spacing into quarters or whatever ratio you like. Sounds pretty accurate for this job and affordable enough to build then tear apart for other uses when this job is over. That is where a PLC really shines. Operating a punch press today--a automated paint booth tomorrow! Only limited by your imagination!

I love 'em and have installed lots.

Everyone has great ideas here, That”s why I really like this site.
I am glad my original comment has spurred some interest. The last BSII -or- Arduino I bought was very competitively priced. Well cheaper than the cheapest of PLCs. When you start adding up the real cost of materials they come in pretty close to any of the other ideas and deliver a lot more control options for the money. Of course all the ideas, be they low tech or high tech will work and the guy doing the job has to chose his own road. We all have scrap metal laying around we make things out of and always call it "free". Some of us are the same way with electronics. For me a BSII and a couple sensors are laying around. We all weigh these things out on our projects.
In reading the comment “Sprocket turning with teeth going by an inductive sensor being counted by a plug in counter.” I wonder if a plug in counter, and inductive sensor and a sprocket are in fact so much cheaper than a BSII and an encoder or if its favoring the familiar. Don’t get me wrong here….I don’t care how its done and I don’t sell Microprocessors for a living..LOL… I just like to see people step up there game and this site has some very imaginative people.
Have a great day all!!!!! (((SMILE)))

Back