Scored big today

/me runs out into the shop and grabs up all his broken bandsaw blades to send to Charley... :whistle:

/me runs out into the shop and grabs up all his broken bandsaw blades to send to Charley... :whistle:

Great!!!! I'd much rather practice on yours than mine :lmao::roflmao: I have not used a blade welder since high school

I have a silver solder blade welder that I'll be selling soon as I find out what it's value is.

nice find I wish I had a day like that no I wish we all had a day like that

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

It is, the guy bought it from a local school but he said they were having problems with the blade staying on. Being it was a school it could be something simple.

check the wheel tilt on the upper wheel.
it's a little hard for some to grasp but, bandsaw wheels don't run parallel to each other, they are slightly tipped away from each other.
the blade should not touch the back of the wheel, there should be slight clearance between the back of blade and the wheel rear casting even if it's only a couple thousandths .

my first inclination would be inspect the tensioning device for proper operation, inspect blade to wheel casting clearance.
lightly adjust the upper wheel to tip the top of the wheel towards the saw in the direction you would feed material.
most saws will have an adjustment screw(s) to perform the adjustments, some may use shims.

Rotate the saw by hand and see how the blade tracks. a little adjustment can have large results, so go in small increments.
check blade to wheel clearance again and give it a trial run
readjust as necessary

i hope the info help out some way
mike:))

p.s. nice score on the stuff
:yousuck:

check the wheel tilt on the upper wheel.
it's a little hard for some to grasp but, bandsaw wheels don't run parallel to each other, they are slightly tipped away from each other.
the blade should not touch the back of the wheel, there should be slight clearance between the back of blade and the wheel rear casting even if it's only a couple thousandths .

my first inclination would be inspect the tensioning device for proper operation, inspect blade to wheel casting clearance.
lightly adjust the upper wheel to tip the top of the wheel towards the saw in the direction you would feed material.
most saws will have an adjustment screw(s) to perform the adjustments, some may use shims.

Rotate the saw by hand and see how the blade tracks. a little adjustment can have large results, so go in small increments.
check blade to wheel clearance again and give it a trial run
readjust as necessary

i hope the info help out some way
mike:))

p.s. nice score on the stuff
:yousuck:
It won't be in my shop for a couple weeks, once I have possession of it I'll delve into the problem. I'm actually quite busy with my buying & selling plus some machine work and a couple restoration jobs.

Back