Schools In.

As Bill pointed out earlier... This is in regards to failing your self. Not failing in general. Sure, you can fail a class and fail to learn and fail to make the part right. None of that means you failed YOU unless you resign that you can not do better. The only ribbon one would get here, is one bought by ones self for ones self.
Hi All
Absolutely you can fail! I'm not a fan of the "Everybody gets a ribbon" "We don't keep score" crowd. I can tell you everybody keeps score, from the youngest to the oldest of the human race. Unless your brain dead or a complete mental case everyone wants' to be successful. As for as Parts failing, welds failing, that is a result of you not specking the material right for the job, or not making a good weld. Those are your failures, weather you don't have the experience or the knowledge or the interest to continue, that falls on you. Digging material out of the "scrap" box from an useable project and making something else that is useable in no way make the previous failure a success.

"My college English prof said that "F" grade that I received in his English Lit class stood for "Failure". I told him it was not failure, but instead was a learning experience. He said, "No, if it had been a learning experience, you would have passed. I detected no learning on your part. Hopefully, repeating my class will be a learning experience." It was... barely.

Tom "
I agree 110%. You only make progress by accepting responsibility for failure, and continuing on. Otherwise you are doomed to repeating the same mistakes. I don't know of any perfect humans on this earth in last 2000 years.
Just my 2 cents worth
CH

Back