SCAM WARNING - Avoid AMTOOL.COM

I had a similar problem with a small eBay "store." Finally had PayPal claw back a payment. Then after a month, I got a message from the seller who wanted to clean up his reputation by sending me a portion of my order as a freebie. He did that gesture, and a couple of weeks later a relative contacted me with details of the situation. He'd let his business lapse suddenly when he went into hospital, then tried to rebuild after returning, only to expire shortly after.

What seemed at my end to be the actions of a scammer turned out to be those of a few folks doing the best they could under the circumstances. . .

I had a similar problem with a small eBay "store." Finally had PayPal claw back a payment. Then after a month, I got a message from the seller who wanted to clean up his reputation by sending me a portion of my order as a freebie. He did that gesture, and a couple of weeks later a relative contacted me with details of the situation. He'd let his business lapse suddenly when he went into hospital, then tried to rebuild after returning, only to expire shortly after.

What seemed at my end to be the actions of a scammer turned out to be those of a few folks doing the best they could under the circumstances. . .

Sure, and I'm open to that possibility. But I have had one detailed email from him indicating no such problems. Right now I just want my funds restored, or my order delivered.

Update: I now have the funds restored to my Paypal account.

I wonder who this guy really is? 800watt was on ebay for years the he disappeared lather he was back with a nother name only lasted a short while.

It mite be him!

Paul

According to posts on other forums, it's the same guy. Lots of complaints. Buyer beware.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I've bought from 800watt before.

So this morning I get an email that looks like an ebay payment request for the original order.
It lists all the things I ordered and says "AMTOOLS would like to be paid with Paypal"

Back in business, all is forgiven? Don't think so.

So this morning I get an email that looks like an ebay payment request for the original order.
It lists all the things I ordered and says "AMTOOLS would like to be paid with Paypal"

Back in business, all is forgiven? Don't think so.

oh WOW. interesting time frame from day of purchase to now... this turn of events seem strange unless there was some other communication from the seller in between stating "out of stock" or "delays" which I don't recall you mentioning :/

oh WOW. interesting time frame from day of purchase to now... this turn of events seem strange unless there was some other communication from the seller in between stating "out of stock" or "delays" which I don't recall you mentioning :/

Nope, absolutely no communication from them.
No response to my emails.
No response to paypal when I filed a dispute.

Here's what they sent:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello AR1911,

HARDPOINT INDUSTRIES would like to be paid through PayPal.

Merchant
HARDPOINT INDUSTRIES
AMPM6688@HOTMAIL.COM
Note from merchant
Qty Item Options Price
1 Drill Chuck Arbor 2MT-JT1, JT2, JT3, JT6 $7.99 USD
1 5" 3-Jaw Self-Centering Lathe Chuck $49.99 USD
1 5 PC 3/8" Shank Indexable Tool Bits Set $19.99 USD
1 6 PC Morse Taper Sleeves Set $19.99 USD
Amount $97.96 USD

<tbody>
</tbody>
DescriptionAmount
Goods$126.93 USD

<tbody>
</tbody>
Total
$126.93 USD

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>
Pay with PayPalHARDPOINT INDUSTRIES would like you to use PayPal - the safer, easier way to pay and get paid online. Click the Pay Now to continue.

Click here to pay instantly with Paypal (Note: This link was in strikethrough and did not work)

--------------------------

I did respond to the message:
-------------------------------
to ben
cleardot.gif
You failed to ship this order in May, did not respond to communications, so I reversed the charges. Now you want to do that again?

Tell you what - You ship me that order. When it arrives, I'll post payment that day. I'll even post a favorable followup to the several negative forum posts on this matter.
-------------------------------------------------

Sadly, I could still use the stuff I ordered, and the prices are the best around, but no way will I repeat that process. I'll pay more from Enco or someone else that has a proven record.

Back