SCAM WARNING - Avoid AMTOOL.COM

AR1911

Active User
Registered
SCAM WARNING - Avoid AMTOOL.COM

In May I placed a $126 order with AMtools.com.
The same day I placed a 2nd order for $53.
After a week with no shipping update I inquired about both orders. The reply said they were moving and some orders were delayed. I received the $53 order a few days later.
No response on the larger order, which was paid through Paypal. Several attempts to contact them produced no response at all.
After 3 weeks I filed a claim with Paypal. That is currently proceeding. The seller has not responded to Paypal on this claim. His deadline was 6/14.

At this date the money has not yet been restored to my Paypal Account.
AMtools.com website is still up and appears to be accepting orders.
The prices are very tempting. Caveat emptor

PayPal will refund your money if seller has money in their bank account that PayPal is linked to.
Good Luck on that!
I always pay PayPal with my Credit card. It is easy to dispute charge on credit card which will refund your money from PayPal.
PayPal doesn't like this and say's they will cancel your account if you do it 3 times in one year!
Hey it works for me!

I was about to reverse the charges on my debit card when I took another look. That $126 came from a Paypal balance, only $1.04 came from my debit card. I run everything through a debit card in Paypal, unless I have a balance.
Lesson learned - keep the Paypal account empty and use plastic every time.

Lately, I've been ordering lots of electronic parts from China.

Been using Paypal for them all....sometimes it takes 6-8 weeks for the items to get here. Then, some items get here in 2 weeks.

Only order from American companies, when I need parts fast. But, they are usually 3-5 times the price.

Sad state of affairs, in this Great Country.

I just check AMTOOL.COM, the domain is for sale

I just check AMTOOL.COM, the domain is for sale

The site is AMTools.com, which is not for sale :)

If they drop ship from China then 3 weeks is not enough time. Not good however that they are not responding. The mailing address is in CA.

gerrit

I was about to reverse the charges on my debit card when I took another look. That $126 came from a Paypal balance, only $1.04 came from my debit card. I run everything through a debit card in Paypal, unless I have a balance.
Lesson learned - keep the Paypal account empty and use plastic every time.

I am with Furpo on this one. I always Paypal with a credit card, I have allready hit my 10k limit, I then close the account and re open a new one, and a new 10k limit is set. The Paypal money back issue is worthless if the seller closes or has no money in the account. I learned that one years ago when I got burned for about 45.00 from a seller in Germany. Since then I do not buy from untrusted sellers ( in or outside of eBay ), even if I am backing my Paypal with a CC.

- Al

amtools.com is california based - not china.

from what it seems, it's a one-man-show type business, and probably not his main business. it may just be that he is moving and indeed does not have time to divert to holding orderes/paypal disputes, or it may be a way to buy more time- who knows... from my experience it's a risky place to order from, question is - is that risk worth while?

Moving or not, taking a customers money and not providing the goods is theft.
Ignoring emails and phone calls is willful.

In a decade or more of many online transactions, I have had no other problems such as this.

This guy is a thief, pure and simple.

I wonder who this guy really is? 800watt was on ebay for years the he disappeared lather he was back with a nother name only lasted a short while.

It mite be him!

Paul

Back