S.B. tool room lathe

The machinists went back to work.
Scarry!
When I was getting a degree in architecture we would gather at the dumpy bar near campus until it closed. Then go back to campus to finish our projects due the next day. No wander there are a lot of crappy buildings built now. But a lot of good stories were swapped.

On Fred's birthday, many years ago, we went out for pizza and beer at lunch. Sixteen of us drank 27 pitchers of beer. The machinists went back to work.
I started in the movie biz in the early 80s, they still served beer in the commissary. I can honestly say, they didn't fully trust you if you partake with the crew!

is there something that most of you missed about me asking a simple question about a southbend tool room lathe. or, you use this site just to act silly??

heave

Cutting oil is my blood.

We're just a bunch of old guys sitting around swapping stories. We'll try to answer your questions, but you have to tolerate the tangents.

is there something that most of you missed about me asking a simple question about a southbend tool room lathe. or, you use this site just to act silly??
This isn't the only place I act silly, you can catch my performance live every day!
Saying that....what were we talking about?

Seriously though, the best description of the differences is probably in the factory literature.
Owner of S.B. 16 x 72 Toolroom

Back