Runs Great!

My son sold his car to a kid last year. 1999 Toyota Camry. Lots of miles. Had a tick in the engine, a/c was on its way out, an engine light on. Was going to run out of inspection in a month and he had saved up some money to buy a used car.

Literally listed all of the problems in the Craigslist ad and the reason for selling. Make an offer. Buyer accepts the condition of the car in as-is condition. I think he sold it for $700.

Buyer shows up, drives it. Hey, while you are out driving it, listen for the tick, OK? We go over all of the problems again. Hey, let me lift the hood up so you can listen to it while its running. Hear that tick? Yada yada.

Here is the thing, the car ran great for the condition it was in. LOL.

He called asking for his money back about two weeks later. Cars are money pits no matter how you slice it.

I wonder what would happen if you ask to see this saw cut?

1622116122911.png

My wife says that to me all the time when she wants something done. She'll
dream up some project for me and then explain that I "just" need to do such and such.
Whenever I hear that one, I know I'm in for a big project!
And then comes the "I can't believe you aren't done with that yet" or "Your still working at that?" Like these things get accomplished with F.M. (F-ing Magic)

I've seen those RA Saws given away for free and the sad thing is, there is not much interest in them, every once in a while you see a dreamer asks something like $700 for one.:rolleyes:
What I find amusing is the offerings of ShopSmith tools in the local Craigslist, at prices like $1500.00. A new optimist seems to appear every 6 months or so. Last I looked, actual sales of Shopsmiths came in well under $500 - some as low as $150.

Back