Royal Chuck Stops

Thank's for the post, I've never seen these before, what a nice system but I'd need to sell my mill to get them so I guess that really wouldn't work out to well, LOL, $7.600.00 to replace what I have now for QC tool holders:))

If a $7,600 QC tool holder saves you 110 hours at $70/hr then it's a $100 bargain :biggrin:
Of course this calculation doesn't apply to DIY jobs…

Last edited:
If a $7,600 QC tool holder saves you 110 hours at $70/hr then it's a $100 bargain :biggrin:

The math works I guess if you can get paying customer, I only get people at the door that want free stuff or think that because your shop is in your basement you can work for $20 a day and somehow make a profit.:))

The math works I guess if you can get paying customer, I only get people at the door that want free stuff or think that because your shop is in your basement you can work for $20 a day and somehow make a profit.:))

$20/day is a lot… if you live in Timbuktu suburbs :biggrin:
I generally get just wine and fresh vegetables…

Them's the kinda folks that I suggest pound the pavers in the opposite direction that they used to come in and insult me for the worth of whatever they're after in the first place. I do fair work for a fair price and don't have the strength (nor cash flow) to carry dead loads or deadbeats. They will get the point of the message and believe it or not, most folks are really decent somewhere deep in the bowels of their consciousness. They either pony up a fair price for fair work, or don't come back.

If they pony up you've done both of you a favor and if they don't, then you've done yourself a (great) favor. I don't intend to come across as being harsh but as you've thinly veiled, TIME IS MONEY.

Just my $0.02.

Thing is I have used this system. On a bp that had a power kurt drawbar. The PDB was faster for tool changes. The royel system would be beter suted for a hobby mill. It is more compact than outher systems. And it takes 2 hands to take a holder out. It wouldn't work with an ATC eather. But the price is just to high.

Back