Rotary table size

I would buy one that is both horiz/vertical, but for god's sake don't buy one of those little 3-4 in ones from amazon. I did, because I was concerned about z height on my benchtop. I make it a point to pee in that direction everyday, junk, junk, junky junk. Did I mention it was junk?

I was interested in a Vertex before I ended up buying a vintage American RT. I watched some of these videos from Stefan Gotteswinter on tear-down and improvements on the Vertex. Maybe there's something interesting there for current or future Vertex owners, or those on the fence.

Dunno if you need to watch all 5, probably some redundancy there. Pick and choose what interests you, maybe watch them speeded up and just slow down for the interesting parts.
Awesome, I will take a look at those. Thank you

Awesome, I will take a look at those. Thank you
I did the teardown and "improvements" Stefan covered right after buying my Vertex rotary tables. It was a fun project, but totally unnecessary unless you are trying to hit tolerences of 5 microns (0.0002") or 0.06 arc minutes.

A Vertex (Taiwanese) 8” would be ideal. I have two. Here’s the unit HV8) and seller (Eisen) I recommend:

I would suggest contacting Rotagrip in the UK and seeing what they would charge after the VAT refund and shipping. I buy brand name stuff from them all the time, and things like Albrecht chucks are half what they cost in the USA including postage. Keep in mind that the prices shown include the 20-percent VAT which you do NOT pay.

Looking for suggestions and knowledge on the best size rotary table for a mill drill. Table is 9 1/2 x 32”. Also would like recommendations on brands. Thank you
I've got an 8" rotary table that I bought off Amazon that I would be willing to let go for 80 bucks. It was too large, but the seller really didn't want to take it back so they refunded me over half the price to keep it. Good reviews. I live in Fortson, GA if you'd like to come check it out. Untitled.jpg

I've got an 8" rotary table that I bought off Amazon that I would be willing to let go for 80 bucks. It was too large, but the seller really didn't want to take it back so they refunded me over half the price to keep it. Good reviews. I live in Fortson, GA if you'd like to come check it out. View attachment 480205
I will weigh that in to the mix for sure. Kind of leaning toward a Japanese or Taiwan built RT though. I appreciate your offer though. I’m in Auburn , so not far from the ga line. What is Fortson close to?

I would suggest contacting Rotagrip in the UK and seeing what they would charge after the VAT refund and shipping. I buy brand name stuff from them all the time, and things like Albrecht chucks are half what they cost in the USA including postage. Keep in mind that the prices shown include the 20-percent VAT which you do NOT pay.

Thank you, I will take a look

I will weigh that in to the mix for sure. Kind of leaning toward a Japanese or Taiwan built RT though. I appreciate your offer though. I’m in Auburn , so not far from the ga line. What is Fortson close to?
I am just north of Columbus. I completely understand wanting better quality, just thought I would offer.

I did the teardown and "improvements" Stefan covered right after buying my Vertex rotary tables. It was a fun project, but totally unnecessary unless you are trying to hit tolerences of 5 microns (0.0002") or 0.06 arc minutes.
Wow, they really are some precise RT aren’t they? Like I was saying, I’m leaning toward the Vertex or a Japanese made table if I can find one. 8” sounds about right for my needs

I watched FM, CL and eBay for 2 years…I finally picked up a near mint Yuasa 10” on fleabay, I can lift it but I usually hoist it. It’s a great fit for my Cincy mill, tho an 8” is probably better for most BP style mills and maybe a 6” for your smaller table. Shipping is the killer - usually has to be freight. So just be patient for something in your local area, you can find them for a decent price before shipping anyways.

Back