Rotary table size

As always I get in trouble suggesting this but here goes. Get the 10/12" Vertex. Down the road you'll need the it.

You might also look at the Vertex CS-6 Super Indexing Rotary table, these come with a 8" rotary table as well as a 6" chuck. They are heavy, around 125lbs with the chuck. I have a full size knee mill and use an adapter plate between that it mounts to so I can adjust the position on my table. I use the chuck quite frequently, I also have a 4J 8" independent chuck that mount to the face plate. I bought my SuperDex many years ago, it is a Chinese brand, it is OK but I regret not getting a Vertex or Yuasa at the time when they were more affordable. It all depends on what you are planning on using the rotary table for and the size of the work.
Rotary Table Mounting Plate.jpg

You might also look at the Vertex CS-6 Super Indexing Rotary table, these come with a 8" rotary table as well as a 6" chuck. They are heavy, around 125lbs with the chuck. I have a full size knee mill and use an adapter plate between that it mounts to so I can adjust the position on my table. I use the chuck quite frequently, I also have a 4J 8" independent chuck that mount to the face plate. I bought my SuperDex many years ago, it is a Chinese brand, it is OK but I regret not getting a Vertex or Yuasa at the time when they were more affordable. It all depends on what you are planning on using the rotary table for and the size of the work.
View attachment 480213Now that’s a cool setup

Back