Rotary table power feed

Thanks! That will get me going. I need to order the bevel gear as this PD came without on. For the $5 price I'm OK with that.
Aaron

Great, sounds good and post the finished product. Charlie

For the price of a bevel gear and shipping plus $30, I bought a completely new unit off EBAY with free shipping. Be here early next week.
Aaron

For the price of a bevel gear and shipping plus $30, I bought a completely new unit off EBAY with free shipping. Be here early next week.
Aaron
Thats a good deal. You will also have to jump the limit switch by splitting the common. I made the mounting arm that holds the feed first, then the adaptor. I made the arm longer then needed and after I was done I cut it flush with the base of the r/t casting at the rear. I also should mention that the reason for the slotting in the arm, aside from mounting the bracket to r/t is to set the gear backlash at the feed. You'll understand when you get that far. There also is another option if needed for gear backlash. Charlie

What is that white cover between the handle and feed unit? Looks like maybe a PVC pipe cap.
Aaron

What is that white cover between the handle and feed unit? Looks like maybe a PVC pipe cap.
Aaron
Aaron
Aaron
Hello Aaron, WOW yes. Great catch. How is the adaptor going ? Charlie

Charlie
Just got the unit today. Have the brackets and drive plate ready to go. Tomorrow I'll make the shaft and assemble it. I have a few things to use it on already. Today I made a light duty 20" fixture plate from some linen micarta I had in stock. Mainly for cleaning up edges of plasma cut sheet.
Aaron

Charlie
Just got the unit today. Have the brackets and drive plate ready to go. Tomorrow I'll make the shaft and assemble it. I have a few things to use it on already. Today I made a light duty 20" fixture plate from some linen micarta I had in stock. Mainly for cleaning up edges of plasma cut sheet.
Aaron
Sounds good, can't wait to see the finished product. On that pvc cap I have to make a ring to shield the ring gear. Thanks for getting back to me.

Mostly finished it today. Still needs some paint but I may wait till I can do it outside. Would also like to make an easily removable hand crank. As it is now a set screw has to be loosened to put the crankless hub on (hanging on the handle in the pic).

DSCF0034.JPG

Aaron

Back