Rookie Mistake

Accidentally drained the transmission on the wife's Audi while thinking it was the oil pan. In my defense, she was yapping at me while I was under the car.
Done the ground thing.
Before I got my own Keurig for my office, we shared a commercial coffee maker for the shop. If you took the last cup, you refilled it. I took the last cup and refilled the water. I was putting new grounds in when one the brass came by to ask me something. Then I put more water in and turned it on. Then I got the mop.

The guys that worked for me did better stuff.

I sprayed the weeds in my gravel walkway around the house a few days ago. Today I noticed none for the weed were not dying. It took me a minute but I realized I picked the Home Defense bug spray instead of the Roundup which I have stored right next to each other...dumbass.

I did this just last night, but welding instead of plasma cutting. Same same...and certainly not the first time. It happens. I usually use a built-in table ground, but for this part I was clamping directly. Easy to forget.

I got lucky - the clamp was resting loose on the table and the weld went fine. Surprisingly no arc damage on the table/clamp.

I've done the plasma ground too. I started out with it on, but it slipped off, and I noticed when my bare arm got to close to the metal and decided to sub for the ground. Wasn't that bad though, so I spent a few seconds thinking what is that?

My wife added gasoline to the radiator of our Ford 2N tractor once. It had a slow leak, so there was room for some gas. She comes back to me saying that the radiator is spitting water everywhere! LOL

Not in the machine shop but running the plasma cutter yesterday...Oh my, how dumb do I feel! Been doing this stuff all my life and I'm 70.

Plasma cut was really bad, I mean REAL bad. I fiddled and farted around with everything and just could not understand what the heck was going on...

I hadn't attached the ground clamp. My good buddy was there watching as witness, I'll never live it down.
Sounds like something I would do.
Mig welding and wondering why the wire just spits out in reels
Or, wondering why my TIG weld pool looks like dog poo. Oh yeah, the argon valve needs to be opened :)

No, that's teenager stuff.

You'll have arrived when you noticed the puddle after idling the engine for five minutes.

Rick "ask me how I know" Denney
My brother and I, as teenagers, changed our mother's oil. How come the garage floor has oil all over it?? :)

Back