Rockwell 25-OX6

I would look into purchasing a knee mill. Lots of used bridge ports and clones out there. A knee machine is a wonderful thing, its easy to get spoiled. After you spend some time usi g one at your school you will feel the same.

Hth
Rich

The other day I was making some leveling feet for my buddy's chassis table. I engaged the half nut at one point on the number 1 instead of number 2 and cross threaded, destroying my part. So today I made this thing to practice threading and learn my machine. I figured out that if I engage at 2 and 4 I get my 3/4 10 thread perfect, so what are 1 and 3 threading and why are those numbers there? Anyway I layed down these threads today, not bad huh?null_zps2d4cbf93.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another pic of it.null_zps4b7ae7dd.jpg

the numbers have something (vaguely, waving hands around) to do with the tpi of your intended part and the leadscrew on your machine. So if you want a 4tpi thread and your leadscrew is 4tpi, you engage/ disengage with 1 full revolution. Can't remember the rest though :)

In my defense, my lathe doesn't have a leadscrew, so this is just what I've gleaned off here. Hopefully someone who knows what they're talking about will chime in!

I don't think that is correct. Tpi is set in the gear box. I believe the 1234 is the location on the end of the work piece where the thread begins. But honestly I'm not 100% on that either. Here's a pic of our shop at school 12 lathes and 10 knee mills.null_zps47872378.jpg

Been working on this cromo fly cutter for a while. I need to do a little more work on the fixture, then finish the fly cutter.null_zps548c39c1.jpg

One of the mills at school had a bad noise in it. I took it apart. There are three pins that had brass shoes on the end that move the gear up and down to change speeds. The brass ends were gone and the springs and pins were in the bottom of the case. I figured out the dimensions the parts needed to be and I made them this morning on my lathe. My teacher is going to love me!null_zpsb847de11.jpg

I have a 10x36" Rockwell 4c collets, three jaw, Four jaw, six jaw and steadyrest and a taper attachment. I have a DRO on it as well.

- - - Updated - - -

These are great machines.. Some parts can be still had.

- - - Updated - - -

I might have a copy of the 11" manual.

517962357_pDPwJ-M.jpg 517962072_wYrRF-M.jpg

Attachments

• older Rockwell lathe mauel.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 4
Back