Review - Rolair 20 Gallon Compressor

was there a run in procedure to let it run without building pressure ?

I was about to buy this same compressor until I saw your review. What was the outcome with the local service center? Has it gotten quieter with some time on the pump?

The thing is still sitting in my garage waiting to be transported to the service center. I need a day its not raining, when I have a day off, and the service center is open which is a rare combination this time of year in the pacific NW. That thing will never be quiet ever, its not by accident they don't list the decibels on their web site. For outdoor use on a job site running multiple nail guns I'm sure its the bomb but forget using it in the average home garage shop.

check oil level?

motor wired for 220?

Oil level is fine, they fill it at the factory. Motor comes wired 110 with a 110 plug. I have it plugged into a dedicated 20 amp outlet that's only 3 feet from the service panel. I have tested it on 3 different breakers, the original, I bought a new breaker, then I tested it on another 20 amp circuit. The motor reset switch never trips, it trips the breaker. It doesn't trip on start up. It will start, fill the tank, restart a 2nd time after you use some air then trip the breaker before it refills. It seems like once its warmed up is when it starts tripping the breaker.

bad start capacitor..maybe just a loose wire? peek under the caps

Back