Repurpose Water Softener Resin Tank?

No question it would be a nice tank to make a deionized water resin bed. Looks like about one pound of resin would work. Need to have a feed tube to the bottom and valves at the top one in the top of the resin and one at the bottom under the resin.

Use for washing cars for final rinse. Wash as usual and rinse with regular water then rinse with that deionized water and walk away. No water spots possible, no drying needed. Because the resin bed removed all dissolved solids which usually remain after water dries.

We had 368 TDS (Total dissolved solids) in our water and after the resin tank 0 TDS.

I also use mine for rinsing the shower after the usual rinse down with regular water. It leaves the shower tile and glass door spotless. Used to be using a squeegee after every shower to get the water off the surfaces. Just using a valve and an RF controlled switch in the access panel behind the shower. Tank in basement below.

Mae an electrolysis rust removal tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

So this thread just popped back up . Still looking for any ideas as they haven't moved . :grin:

Remember the 70s? It would be fun to make a big one of these:

226b5b48b37edbb9cc4bfb65b0a03cd9.jpg

Back