Repair or parts for Grizzly A1S-A

Welcome to H-M.

Very sorry to hear about your mill.

Grizzly doesn't make their own machines. They rebrand other manufactures..... So if you can find the original manufacturer of your mill, it may help widen the potential sources for replacement parts.

g1008-b383a608bc488132bb69e8a8977a89f9.jpgimg2.jpg

That said.... the G1008 is a similar design as the Clausing 8520 and 8525 3/4 height mills.

I remember seeing other manufactures with 3/4 height knee mills, but I can't remember them at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Edit..... Enco is another MFG that made 3/4 height knee mills in the era yours was made.

Last edited:
Select and Trans World Steel, also had 3/4 size mills, all manufactured in Taiwan

Bolton was another badge name on 3/4 size mills, Taiwanese manfacture

Contact Topper Machine. He's on YOUTUBE. I just watched him do a huge cast iron repair. I assume you have the missing pieces?

Contact Topper Machine. He's on YOUTUBE. I just watched him do a huge cast iron repair. I assume you have the missing pieces?
I’ll check it out. I have someone to repair the casting, but I think the better option at this point is machining off the attached ways and designing a new set of ways to accept to saddle after I repair the mating surface on the knee.

Back