Recommend me a quality-ish compressed air regulator & filter

@mksj - thanks for the links! I had already purchased a 74 series regulator and coalescing filter earlier today. I did notice the de-ratings on the auto-drain models, so I did stick with the manual drain option - especially b/c I might be sending full tank pressure to the filters. And yep - per your earlier post I was only considering the full metal bowl models. :encourage: I was still looking for the particle filter and linked the model I was thinking about, so I pulled the trigger on that one. So other than getting a couple quickmount/quickclamp adapters: I should be good

@mksj - worth putting a wee whiff of silicone on the adapter clamp o-rings or do they seal fine dry?

And: giggity. Appreciate the help gents! Just waiting on 1 more wall bracket. Never used these modular types before...I like the fact that you can use swappable ports on the ends so you don't need to thread into the main housing body (and change size, as needed)

NorgrenFFR.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set, yes I do use some silicone grease on the O-rings. The modular design works well. Although I use oil filled pressure gauges, you probably do not need it in this application. Getting older I like a larger dial size so it is easier to read. When you decide to upgrade, consider an aftercooler as it makes a big difference in dropping out the moisture and cooling the air after it exits the compressor.

Don't use silicone products in air systems supplying paint spray operations. If any silicone makes it to the spray gun or if any gets on your fingers and transfers to the work, it could cause "Fisheyes" ruining the finish.

Back