Recommend me a quality-ish compressed air regulator & filter

keeena

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a RapidAir model K93215 filter-regulator combo. 3/8" NPT, 175psi, 100CFM. Its been fine for the price, but after wrestling with a persistent diaphragm air leak (I have a new diaphragm in there and fiddled with it for months): I want to get a bit higher quality unit.

My sandblast cabinet is a SkatBlast Cat 40; requires 10-15 cfm @ 80 psi. I'd love to have a plasma CNC at some point. Current compressor is 60gal upright, 240v1p 15a 3hp, 10SCFM@90psig. My understanding is that the air compressor HP/SCFM ratings are...optimistic...on the consumer/prosumer market. :grin: Will probably end up with an upright 80gal 175psi 2-stage 20-ish CFM. I'm a hobbyist; this isn't for a production shop.

I'm not sure what my budget is yet; depends a bit on options. I'm hoping there are reasonable quality units at/under $300? I'm OK with separate units for regulation and filtration. This might be preferred since I like the idea of a forward-facing adjustment knob; separate units would let me cobble together my own setup. I'm aware that robust air drying is needed for plasma, painting, etc... I'm just looking for an all-purpose setup reg/filter for shop air at the moment.

So: overwhelm me with suggestions!

I like the idea of a front-facing regulator adjustment knob like this:

1701015.jpg

My current unit
81BvmJllJmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'll check the basement . Got all kinds of this stuff down there .

I use Norgren filter regulators, from McMaster Carr so replacement elements, etc are readily available.
I believe this is what is down the basement .......somewhere . :rolleyes: Been down for the past 2 hours straightening things up for tonight . Haven't located them yet , but I will by the time my show starts . :grin:

I found the goods , not that I was looking for them specificaly . I'll post a pic of what I have here . It's all NOS crap and Im well past the point of needing it .

Grainger has good stuff, the dryers are rated for high pressure too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Pic in a minute .

Listing below .

Back