Recommend Dial Indicator & Test Indicator

zoro just had one of their flash 30%off sale the other day i work nights so i missed it cause i gfeel asleep before it started. As you can expect was very irritated by myself.

Yes, I know about the Zoro flash sale. Picked up some nice things. I love Zoro. Great customer service.
They'll have another sale soon. Keep your alarm set. :)

scored a MITUTOYO DIAL TEST INDICATOR 513-454T NEW IN THE BOX for 70 off of ebay a cpl weeks back

scored a MITUTOYO DIAL TEST INDICATOR 513-454T NEW IN THE BOX for 70 off of ebay a cpl weeks back
is that a metric model? Does Mitutoyo still make it? I see that it's no longer available in many places, Amazon being one. I think the 454T was replaced with the Quick-Set Test Indicators - Series 513. I thought about getting a metric model since they were selling for less than the inch models.

is that a metric model? Does Mitutoyo still make it? I see that it's no longer available in many places, Amazon being one.

I have a large dial Mitutoyo with 1" travel that I like quite a bit. Nice easy to read face.

I just picked up an older Federal .0001 DTI and it's a very nice piece. Worth looking for IMO since they sell for under $30 on eBay. Buy 2 and you'll have spare parts.

Thank you.
The problem with buying and indicator on Ebay for example or any used DTI for that matter, is that you don't know it's
history. It costs around $100 to repair an indicator and older obsolete models don't have spare parts available, even Interapids.
I'd rather just buy a new Mitutoyo and buy another Interapid, new, at a later time.

I'd like to eventually have 4 or 5 DI/DTI's for different occasions, maybe even one that I would lend out.
I like the .0005 312 B 1 Interapid myself and I'd like to get a Mit DI.

Theres a ton of great info on Long Island Indicator Services' website. Luckily, they're only a few miles from me here in NY.
Rene Meyer is a real pro. He knows his gages. or is it gauges?

Back