Rebuilding a belt sander - advice needed

In the next week or so I'm hoping to complete fab of a trunnion and table for the same model 6x48.
I've been to cheap to purchase them off eBay/other.
I'm machining the trunnion out from 1.5" CRS and the table from .75" HRS.
If you'd like when complete I'll post pics and a print.

Daryl
MN
IMG_1238.JPG

I'd love to see what you build.

In the next week or so I'm hoping to complete fab of a trunnion and table for the same model 6x48.
I've been to cheap to purchase them off eBay/other.
I'm machining the trunnion out from 1.5" CRS and the table from .75" HRS.
If you'd like when complete I'll post pics and a print.

Daryl
MN
View attachment 225062

I just purchased one similar. It is gonna be a project rebuild. Mine is a Rockwell 31-501

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpeg
    IMG_1016.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1017.jpeg
    IMG_1017.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1018.jpeg
    IMG_1018.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 21
I just purchased one similar. It is gonna be a project rebuild. Mine is a Rockwell 31-501
Nice, I had one just like it in my old shop. Already miss it....

John

Nice, I had one just like it in my old shop. Already miss it....

John
Yes, this thing actually still runs. Going to go all out on it. A retired pulp wood business had it in a old tin building. Listed it for $150 and I drove four hours to get it but it will be worth it when she’s back in business

Yes, this thing actually still runs. Going to go all out on it. A retired pulp wood business had it in a old tin building. Listed it for $150 and I drove four hours to get it but it will be worth it when she’s back in business
I paid $75 for mine from the village repair shop where I lived. It had been dropped and repaired with a piece of angle iron but I never wanted anything other than 90 deg. from it so I didn't care.

If yours runs why restore it? Looks to be in good shape and I don't think it's possible to kill one of these.

Maybe live with it for a while before tearing it apart....

John

I may do that. Someone in the past painted over it with a thick gray paint, badges and all. Would love to atleast get those cleaned up

I paid $75 for mine from the village repair shop where I lived. It had been dropped and repaired with a piece of angle iron but I never wanted anything other than 90 deg. from it so I didn't care.

If yours runs why restore it? Looks to be in good shape and I don't think it's possible to kill one of these.

Maybe live with it for a while before tearing it apart....

John
Going to order some new belts and see how she runs with those. Do you guys know of a good place to order quality belts from?

Red Label Abrasives on Amazon, or Norton off Zoro

Back