Rebar

May be stuck here for a while as the local store is sold out of fuel, I have a half tank left could make it to my sisters in auburn if needed ,parking lots are full of people camping out, store shelves are getting empty, Helicopters all over the place
Have a feeling it's going to get a lot worse before it gets any better

This is a test gents. Need to see if it shows up in recent posts.

"Billy G"

Got this book for Christmas, notice the second pic , concrete,gravel, sand, no metal. :eek:
IMG_0781.JPG
IMG_0780.JPG

I'm sure the force of the water got up under the concrete at one of the expansion joints and started floating/flipping concrete slabs around until it opened up a big hole. Maybe there was a big sink hole under the concrete?

But, but.... it can't do that! Concrete is heavier than water! It's science!

Back to reality, I have no connection with Oroville other than RCBS reloading equipment is based there in town below the dam. I tried to call them today. Got the usual recording that leads up to speaking to a live person, but no live person showed up, as was expected. I hope their evacuation is for nought, but glad to see them out of harm's way just in case.

Tom

But, but.... it can't do that! Concrete is heavier than water! It's science!

...........snip............

Tom

Yeah, right!!!! Amazing what the hydraulic lift, water can create when forced to work!

ken the sink hole was probably caused by this 2013 problem that they patched
IMG_0710.JPG
Not the greatest pic but I'll bet water got under the concrete then

Up it goes, LOL. This thread has been moved from the Members Hangout so more could see it.

"Billy G"

Heavy lift copters , rock trucks , cement trucks , cal fire , police everywhere yesterday and today, when and if the spillway gets fixed then they will need to fix the roads
Evacuation lifted yesterday with warning to be ready to leave at a moments notice
In the last pic those are pickup trucks on spillway.
Rain expected for a week

Back