Rebar

dlane

Active User
Registered
seems someone forgot the rebar in the oroville dam spillway, oops :eek 2:

I'm not seeing any wire or rebar, it's a lot bigger now. At least the lake is finally full
IMG_0778.JPG

Engineers don’t know what caused chunks of concrete to fly off the hole in the spillway that is expected to keep growing :dejected: , estimated repair cost 100 million

Lowest bidder got the job? Water is a very powerful thing even when it isn't flowing.

Seems to me that, when I was at that dam, we were told that it was second in size to the Aswan Dam on the Nile river. They have reason to worry if that lets go.

too late, it blew out the side where the emergency spill way is.. now it's a full blown evac. of 100,000 people.
Can't believe that original repair would have cost 100 million ..seems like it should have cost a few million.

How they did not have rebar and lots of it is hard to understand. Especially in California where earthquakes are ever present.

Over 180,000 people told to evacuate!! Weather forecast is for another seven days of rain beginning on Wednesday. Will it ever end for these people?

Tom S.

Charles, I'll be ok as I'm above the dam next to the marina in Kelly ridge thanks for the concern.
I just moved here , glad I got a place on the lake not below it , things were crazy last night as the roads were full of camper trailers and people headed up this way. I do have a rv hookup and clean out I'll see if I can help with rv parking for someone for a while.
Hope everybody's ok down stream there is no local news here on Directv, guess I'll go see if I can get fuel at the local convince store and visit the marina as I've been to busy to check things out.
And I thought Arkansas got a lot of rain
When I moved here a month ago the lake was a puddle, not no more

Back