Ramco Surface grinder - $250 (Granada Hills, CA)

I have a brother in law with a pickup truck in Santa Paula which is 40 miles away. Kind of a big "ask" but I bet he would pick it up for me.

Do I really need a surface grinder though???

I have a brother in law with a pickup truck in Santa Paula which is 40 miles away. Kind of a big "ask" but I bet he would pick it up for me.

Do I really need a surface grinder though???

Of course you do.

Of course you do.

6x12 seems pretty small. My wood planer is 18"... if I had a surface grinder it would certainly be nice to sharpen my own planer blades. I already have more projects than time... I understand running a manual surface grinder is a VERY slow process. ...or so goes my justification for not pursuing it! :)

But that is the answer I would expect to get from this board of enablers.! LOL!

So if it is still on the list, and you burn $250 on it, you might maybe make the experience OK if you take a pal along, fetch it, and then chill out. Get some rest. Then sneak out of LA in the wee small hours.

There is the normal risk that things might go wrong, and it turns into a darn pain, plus even when you get hold of it, you may find it is in a mess! This should not qualify to be something that if you don't go for it, you always wonder what it might have been.

The real test is, would you rather have something else? If you have found it, and so want it that you will happily take on the "LA Delights Experience", and you just don't care if the "epic escape from LA" adventure involves all kinds of mess-ups, then you know this is for you!

What am I saying? Good Lord - is LA really so bad?

So if it is still on the list, and you burn $250 on it, you might maybe make the experience OK if you take a pal along, fetch it, and then chill out. Get some rest. Then sneak out of LA in the wee small hours.
There is the normal risk that things might go wrong, and it turns into a darn pain, plus even when you get hold of it, you may find it is in a mess! This should not qualify to be something that if you don't go for it, you always wonder what it might have been.
The real test is, would you rather have something else? If you have found it, and so want it that you will happily take on the "LA Delights Experience", and you just don't care if the "epic escape from LA" adventure involves all kinds of mess-ups, then you know this is for you!

What am I saying? Good Lord - is LA really so bad?

YES!

If the grinder is a roller type be sure to remove the table before transport.
The table bouncing on the rollers will ruin the mating ways.
It's probably a conventional type but one never knows for sure without researching it.

Back