Ramco Surface grinder - $250 (Granada Hills, CA)

Oh Boy - sorry I can't help, being across the pond and all, but..
Firstly - it looks like a bargain if it is fixable, and..
Are you really confessing to having bought this kit, and it is at the other end of the country?
Oops! :apologize:

Oh Boy - sorry I can't help, being across the pond and all, but..
Firstly - it looks like a bargain if it is fixable, and..
Are you really confessing to having bought this kit, and it is at the other end of the country?
Oops! :apologize:

No, it's just quite a deal and only 550 miles away.

No, it's just quite a deal and only 550 miles away.
Wow! Here in UK that would take all day + motel stopover (or some camping), and all day to get back!
I once drove 1550 miles in Africa, in 23 hours 50 minutes, stopping only for fuel, and sharing the task with a pal, but I was youthful then.

I got into a whole lot of trouble with my wife for playing on eBay without checking the "collection only" destination for the South Bend (bargain!). It was 94 miles away, but here, that involved a South side M25 trek, through the Dartford Tunnel into Essex. It may not sound like so much until you become aware that the M25 can qualify as "Europe's biggest car park" !

Wow! Here in UK that would take all day + motel stopover (or some camping), and all day to get back!

Despite the 70 mph speed limit down I5, it would easily be a 24 hr. round trip with all the incidentals. Thaaat, and I'd have to drive to L.A. I'd rather have a root canal without anesthesia.

OK - I have heard that L.A. is misery, and that from my daughter who had the benefit of being driven around paid for on a UK government expense account - but on to more positive things. You scored this bargain from Craigs. So is it so far sight unseen? Are you hoping a bit of a cleanup and maybe a new cable, and you are good to go?

No, I haven't bought it. I would if I needed it more or there was less misery involved in getting it.

Granada Hills is the Northern extreme of the San Fernando Valley, closer to Santa Clarita than Los Angeles. Its adjacent to the 210, 5 and 405 freeways. Buddy and I used to schlep machinery in, out and through that sleepy little town...

Granada Hills is the Northern extreme of the San Fernando Valley, closer to Santa Clarita than Los Angeles. Its adjacent to the 210, 5 and 405 freeways. Buddy and I used to schlep machinery in, out and through that sleepy little town...

Coming from Northern California, anything south of the Tehachapis is L.A., and I'm inclined to throw in Bakersfield.;)

Back