Rack for Dewalt tools

I like the design of your drill rack. And last night, I was browsing Craigslist and found this similar one offered for sale:

Anyway, I know how to take a hint ... so I'm now in the process of building one for my own workbench. Thanks for the concept!
John,

Send us some pix when you're done.

Regards,
Terry

Terry, your wish is my command. I built the workbench and shelf last October. Added the charging station just couple months ago. Your drill holder rack design fit right in! Thanks again for the idea.
kHPIM5985.jpgkHPIM5987.jpg

Terry, your wish is my command. I built the workbench and shelf last October. Added the charging station just couple months ago. Your drill holder rack design fit right in! Thanks again for the idea.
View attachment 296689View attachment 296690
Oh, wow! Very, very nice. I love the beveled edges. Beautiful work!

richl, there's a visual for you on using good quality plywood instead of plastic. Just as practical and looks great, too.

Thanks for sharing, John.

Regards,
Terry

Thanks for the kind words, Terry. I used some plywood I had on hand. Strangely enough, even here in Arid-zona, the (lengthwise) half sheet had gained a strong resemblance to a potato chip over a couple months. I'd even had it clamped down on the rack during storage! It was fighting me all the way when I had it on the table saw. Fortunately, the curvature was easier to handle once I had it cut down to final size and used drywall screws at all joints.

I do have some Corian offcuts and leftovers (½" thick, acrylic) that I get cheap at a building materials outlet store. Considered using it, but I wanted a ½" radius roundover. You need at least 1/8" thicker material to guide the bearing at the end of the router bit, so the ½" wouldn't have worked. My favorite use for the Corian lately is as an easy-to-machine material for prototyping/test cuts on my little CNC mill.

Reactions: tjb
Thanks for the kind words, Terry. I used some plywood I had on hand. Strangely enough, even here in Arid-zona, the (lengthwise) half sheet had gained a strong resemblance to a potato chip over a couple months. I'd even had it clamped down on the rack during storage! It was fighting me all the way when I had it on the table saw. Fortunately, the curvature was easier to handle once I had it cut down to final size and used drywall screws at all joints.

I do have some Corian offcuts and leftovers (½" thick, acrylic) that I get cheap at a building materials outlet store. Considered using it, but I wanted a ½" radius roundover. You need at least 1/8" thicker material to guide the bearing at the end of the router bit, so the ½" wouldn't have worked. My favorite use for the Corian lately is as an easy-to-machine material for prototyping/test cuts on my little CNC mill.
It definitely turned out fine. I was wondering how you joined the pieces together. Drywall screws is a great idea.

Regards,
Terry

Thanks for the shout out. Mine are simple compared to yours. All I did was use drain pipe drill holes and cut notches. Guys woodworkers use this system all the time. I have one with a back for the cordless ratchet two mor
To store heat guns. Really love the brackets those are awesome and neater than mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: tjb
Thanks for the shout out. Mine are simple compared to yours. All I did was use drain pipe drill holes and cut notches. Guys woodworkers use this system all the time. I have one with a back for the cordless ratchet two mor
To store heat guns. Really love the brackets those are awesome and neater than mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the compliments. The rack turned out nice, but I would have never thought of even trying it if I had not seen the ones you made out of drain pipe. In fact, if I had some PVC in my shop, I probably STILL wouldn't have thought of it. Like they say, necessity is the mother of invention - the plastic was there, and I needed a rack, so there you go.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Terry

Those home made ones are really nice - great job.
I was about to make one but I found this commercial one at the Grizzly tent sale.
It fits perfectly on the end of my stand up back bench

Those home made ones are really nice - great job.
I was about to make one but I found this commercial one at the Grizzly tent sale.
It fits perfectly on the end of my stand up back bench

View attachment 296756
I KNEW I should have patented that Friday! That's nice. Had no idea there was a commercial one available. That one looks like light-gauge steel. Right/wrong?

Regards,
Terry

Back